How to Get Your House Camera Ready (8 Tips)
So you want to sell your house. I'm guessing you want top dollar for it too, right?
Of course you do!
And on top of that you want to WOW all those that come through your door. It is after all the people who fall in love with your home that buy it. But here's the thing, they aren't going to want to see your house unless they like the pictures of it before hand. We live in a very visual time now. Good photos are everything.
I've seen the great, the bad and the downright ugly when it comes to homes that are ready to be put on the market. I show up with my camera and know when the seller has done their job. I know it's not easy, but it's definitely worth the work to get your home camera ready.
Here's 8 ways to get your house ready for the camera...
1. Let there be light. Turn on all the lights, replace burned out bulbs with new ones and open all the window blinds. Cameras like light.
2. Clean the house. That's an obvious but very necessary one.
3. Make the beds. Make them look nice and tidy.
4. Hide your piles of stuff. That means the piles of papers and misc. stuff on your desk, nightstand and kitchen counter. Just put it all in a box and stick it in a closet. (Or you could organize it and find their actual home, obviously.)
5. Remove unnecessary furniture. Too much furniture makes the room look cramped and small. People like open space and more room.
6. Keep your decor simple.
7. Hide your kitchen appliances and do the dishes. Sounds like common sense perhaps, but really, do the dishes and put them away. Clean counters are heavenly!
8. Hide your bathroom everything. Your future buyer doesn't want to see what kind of Shampoo and Conditioner you use or your hairbrush, razor or make up. Just hide them for a few minutes for the shot and then they can go back to living on the counter.
Your hard work will really pay off. Good luck!
PRIME RESIDENTIAL CAN HELP YOU GET YOUR HOME READY TO SELL!
CALL US TODAY 801-916-3542
Mandy Cheney is a contributing Blogger and Photographer for PRIME RESIDENTIAL BROKERS.
Like & Follow PRIME RESIDENTIAL on Facebook
to get updated tips on how to maximize your value when buying or selling your home.
THE PRIME MISSION
We are a boutique Real Estate Brokerage committed to educating our clients how to maximize profits when buying, selling and investing in real estate.
We achieve this accord by serving our clients with the heart of a teacher.
From luxury listings to first time home buyers, we dedicate our time, resources and knowledge, to achieve a very personal an rewarding real estate experience.